Hand Painted USA sign and a blog hop

I've been working on some fun signs.

One of my favorites is this hand painted USA sign.


I started with a really big piece of thin plywood that I painted white using latex paint.


It's always fun to have a little helper painting too!


While the white paint was drying, I hand drew (using a map as my guide) the United States onto the back of some contact paper.


Then I cut the USA out of the contact paper. That is when I figured out that I messed up. I should have drawn the map on the front of the contact paper. Doh!!


So I used the backwards map as a stencil and very carefully painted around it.


I was afraid the stencil wouldn't work, but it did. I then sanded the entire sign down. I love the shabby look!


For a little added sparkle I used glossy accents (amazon link) to add a star in the general area of Tennessee where we live.



Then I sprinkled a little bit of glitter onto the star. I love this glitter!!! It's very fine and so pretty!


I love this map! I think it will be so fun to decorate with for Independence Day!

Oh wait, the fun doesn't stop here, I have teamed up with some of my favorite bloggy friends to bring you:

7 Blogs
7 Projects
and
7 Times the Fun
All centered around the 4th of July!

Have fun checking each project out!


Pin It!

1. Melissa of Hollyhocks & Honeybees
2. Emily of The Benson Street
3. Candice of She's Crafty
4. Ashley of flats to flip flops
5. Adrienne of Free Time Frolics
6. Andie of Maybe I Will
7. Kaylynn of Among the Young


Linking up to Tatertots and jello, little inspiration, Be Different Act Normal, Six Sisters Stuff, Your Home Based Mom, the 36th Ave, Shabby Creek Cottage, Whipperberry, the Shabby Nest, DIY show off, Today's Creative Blog, Lollyjane, Jennifer Rizzo