Spring Mantel

Spring is definitely here in Tennessee.  I would love to be out enjoying it, but beautiful flowering trees bring terrible allergies to my kids.  So since the only way we can enjoy the outdoors is by looking out of the windows of our air conditioned house, I did a little spring decorating of our mantel (aka shelf) and hopefully my kids aren't allergic.




I made another chevron wall art to anchor everything.  I also cut some forsythia from my yard and planted some wheat grass in a little white dish.


I covered a glass candle stick with old dictionary pages.  A little white friend sits on top.  The "S" stencil is from Michael's and is held onto the silver platter with a magnet.


I whipped up this little Love at Home sign to remind my children that we do love each other!!  (They are home for spring break and seem to have forgotten this.)


Simple and Springy!


I have a read a few things about people being afraid to pin things from blogs on Pinterest.  I feel absolutely honored to have my images/projects pinned.  So please, feel free.  And thank you very much if you do. :)