Gift ideas


Are you looking for a few last minute gift ideas?  Well, you've come to the right place.  I made a few gifts for friends and family this year and would love to share them with you.  If you are related to me and have not opened your gifts yet, please look no further!!  :)




I made these red and white polka dot trays for the girls I serve with at church.  I made them the same way as the orange one here.  I also glued a heavy duty magnet to the back of a button for a cute magnet to hold things to the tray.


 

I make calendars for my in laws every year.  This is the 2011 version.  I made a blank calendar in Word, printed a picture from every month this year and mounted them both on scrapbook paper.  To hold the pages, I got a legal sized clipboard that I spray painted and then mod podged the clip. Every month a new page can be clipped onto the clipboard.



I put together these little hot chocolate containers for our friends and teachers.  I individually packed different flavors of hot chocolate and marshmellows in skinny cello bags that were tied with bakers twine.  Then put it all together with candycanes into mini paint cans, which I then embellished with a bell or chipboard star and ribbon.


I saw a cute cell phone holder on pinterest and it gave me the idea to make one for my sister in law.  From my stash, I used black fabric for the back, stregthened with heat and bond and quatrafoil fabric for the pocket.  I sewed all the way around everything.  Then I took a large grommet (for curtains) and put it through the top where it hangs onto the charger.  After I took this picture I added some black ric rac to the top of the pocket to finish the edge.

What did you give for gifts this year?